Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need P/S help inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Need P/S help inside

No offense to anyone, but please refrain from the " Just upgrade to the Turn One pump" comments. I know its better but I am on a very limited budget.

Okay, after replacing the pump, reservoir, and just today the pulley I shattered Sunday night, I am trying to bleed out all the old fluid. The way my Dad and I decided to do it was to take the return line from the reservoir off and plug the hole in the reservoir. Then we started the car and let it run while Dad kept the reservoir full. I got under the car and held the return line into a 2-liter pop bottle and caught the fluid. At first, it came out fine, then all of a sudden, I starts spitting and all that is coming out is small amounts of fluid and a lot of foam. We put about three and a half quarts of fluid thru it and filled two pop bottles with very, very foamy fluid.

The reason I had to do all this in the first place was a leaking power steering cooler. I had antifreeze in the p/s fluid. I thought I had gotten all of this out the first time, but after replacing the pulley and refilling the reservoir, I started the car and it instantly began spewing out around the return line to the reservoir. I pulled to cap and it had pressure on it. It was full of foam, and the fluid was a funky yellow color. Keep in mind, this is a new pump as of two weeks. What is wrong? Do I still not have all the antifreeze out of the rack ot what? We even had my g/f turn the wheels lock to lock slowly with it running to help get all the air bubbles out of the system. Sorry so long, but need to get this fixed.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone??????!!!!!!!! Ttt