Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Where to start...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start...

So if i started off with something like this...

See attached Pic

Pretty much empy could someone give me a quick rundown of everything i would need to fill it and get it to where i could just bolt it up on my car.

I'm looking for a posi rear end possibly super strength. With either 4.11's or 3.73's. 33 Spline Axles. Has to have the 4 channel abs and traction control. With Disk breaks. This rear end will go onto my 2002 Camaro SS M6.

Would i save money doing it part by part, or is it cheaper to buy a complete strange 12 bolt with the options i want? I can get a 12 bolt housing (pic below) for $580 brand new. Is that good?

Or i was quoted $1,000 for this:

"12 Bolt GM car or truck housing with new 3" x .188" wall D.O.M. tubes, and 9" Ford large bearing style housing ends. Includes cover, yoke, and carrier caps, with the CE-0012 Performance forged alloy 31 or 35 spline axle package with new axle bearings & seals, 1/4" thick heavy duty retainer plates, wheel bolt pattern of my choice, and wheel studs of my choice. Custom built and mig welded to my cars width and pinion offset specs"
What else would i need with this second setup?

What would be a better deal?

Or should i look at getting a 8.8 inch because i might be able to pick one up off a 01 Mustang GT for a great price. How much does it cost to convert it over and make it work with my SS?

Any help greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Where to start...-rear-end.jpg  

Last edited by Camaroguy; 03-11-2005 at 02:00 AM.