Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

I need to get Tune/Dyno SE Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to get Tune/Dyno SE Michigan

I have been calling around and want to get a tune and dyno.

The tune is probably needed with the mods I have. I have been shopping around and checked with Livernois (very reputable and a sponsor) but I have am trouble get a price and date nailed down. I am in the 48313 area and I need others advise.

If you know of or had your car tuned and dynoed I need to know who did it and their cost? Please PM if not a sponsor.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably not really goning to make any dif with just headers. Don't waste your money. Wait til you put a cam in it or something.
APE far from you? Just outside detroit.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Silvr98z28
Probably not really goning to make any dif with just headers. Don't waste your money. Wait til you put a cam in it or something.
APE far from you? Just outside detroit.

I do not think so. RamChargers by me referred them so I think they are close. Closer than Livernois anyhow.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ActionJack
I have been calling around and want to get a tune and dyno.

The tune is probably needed with the mods I have. I have been shopping around and checked with Livernois (very reputable and a sponsor) but I have am trouble get a price and date nailed down. I am in the 48313 area and I need others advise.

If you know of or had your car tuned and dynoed I need to know who did it and their cost? Please PM if not a sponsor.

Thanks
Dan Millen is now tuning cars again at Livernois...just fyi.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
Dan Millen is now tuning cars again at Livernois...just fyi.

Thanks. I spoke to Dan earlier and he gave me an awesome quote. Right now the plan is the last week of March because I should have a test vehicle from work to drive. However, Dan is in Florida racing until Wednesday. I will schedule with him then. BTW, I spoke to Bruce later and he quoted something much higher. I think he thought I had an earlier than 01 or 02 LS1 since he was saying they had to do something with the egr. But he did say that Dan was the one to talk to.

I posted this here and in tuning because I was anxious to do it this weekend if possible but even at another place they could not get me in. One more thing I would like to add, I was checking around at race shops here and I was referred to Livernois, I was told Livernois is one of the big dogs for Michigan so I am sure that is where I will head to.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

If you could, pm me with what they're charging you. I'm thinking of getting a tune after having around the same mods as you and would like to know how much it's running you.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Thanks. I spoke to Dan earlier and he gave me an awesome quote. Right now the plan is the last week of March because I should have a test vehicle from work to drive. However, Dan is in Florida racing until Wednesday. I will schedule with him then. BTW, I spoke to Bruce later and he quoted something much higher. I think he thought I had an earlier than 01 or 02 LS1 since he was saying they had to do something with the egr. But he did say that Dan was the one to talk to.

I posted this here and in tuning because I was anxious to do it this weekend if possible but even at another place they could not get me in. One more thing I would like to add, I was checking around at race shops here and I was referred to Livernois, I was told Livernois is one of the big dogs for Michigan so I am sure that is where I will head to.
Sounds good. I won't let anyone but Dan tune my car. We've probably done 100 dyno pulls. He's really good and extremely fair in terms of pricing.

Quick Reply: I need to get Tune/Dyno SE Michigan