Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced an 05 GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Raced an 05 GT

Finally got to race a new Mustang. I just left the parking lot of work for lunch this afternoon and pulled up to the light in front of Sam Snead's (restaurant). What pulls up but a yellow 05 GT. He revved at me and I seriously thought of declining because my clutch is toast, but everyone in the front dining area of Sam Snead's was eyeballing us. I had to represent the F-Body. Seeing as no one knows about LS1's in the general population, and probably thought the Stang would wax me, I had to go. The clutch held up, and I dusted him well. He definately kept up better than the 99+ cars I have raced though, but by third I was stretching the gap. Maybe 2-3 cars by 90 when i let off. He was a cool guy, we BS'd at the next few lights. I have to admit that new stang is growing on me, I hated them at first. On a side note my car stanks of burnt clutch now, and its slipping noticably more.

02 SS, GMMG, Volant, Freebies.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol that funny cuz yesterday i was riding around and seen the guy that bought my 95 gt with a CRAP load of mods.. we raced and my clutch is like yours its toast it stinks bad and slippin bad but i still took him!!! were i live there mustangs every time u look up but not many 05 gt's i guess give it some time and they will be.... btw is your car stock?