Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disadvantages of nitrous fuel cell in rear?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Disadvantages of nitrous fuel cell in rear?

The front mounted fuel cells look awesome! Nitro Dave's all in one package is great! Now, the question for me is, is there a disadvantage of setting up a nitrous system dedicated fuel cell in the rear of the car? I was looking at it because of weight distribution in the car. Any thoughts on it? Obviously cost for the longer main feed line to the solenoids, anything else?

Chris
Old 03-22-2005, 10:47 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
The front mounted fuel cells look awesome! Nitro Dave's all in one package is great! Now, the question for me is, is there a disadvantage of setting up a nitrous system dedicated fuel cell in the rear of the car? I was looking at it because of weight distribution in the car. Any thoughts on it? Obviously cost for the longer main feed line to the solenoids, anything else?

Chris
I wouldn't do it to far to travel to the front of the car when all that you have to do is use a 1 gal up front that doesn't weigh much.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:54 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Weight is minimal, moving your battery to the back makes more sense. Regarding the disadvantage, pumping from the back of the car adds a lot of burden to keep the fuel flow pressure up. By placing the tank up front, there is some added bump to the fuel pressure and flow that you would fight against otherwise. Lets not forget how much weight you are going to have in running fuel line the length of the car. Also, don't forget that putting fuel inside the back of the car would require the installation of a fireproof bulkhead in the back of the car. This of course is assuming that you want a separate tank versus a sealed bulkhead fitting in the stock tank.

How is that for starters?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Works for me! Just was looking for some input on it since I saw pics of the Billingsley mount for the fuel cell/battery/nos bottle he fabbed up a long time ago in the drag racing section and it made sense to have it all in one like that, or atleast clean looking. But if it's not a huge weight difference, there is no point then. Thanks again