Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harlan Window Switch Wiring Question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harlan Window Switch Wiring Question...

Well, my brother ordered one of these window switches awhile back, and we are finally getting around to installing it, but are running into some trouble. In the directions, there is a page telling about the white wire exiting the back, and using a relay and hooking the diode across it, then hooking it to a 12V source. Then farther in the instructions on another page it says

"Exiting the back of the housing is a black cable containing three wires, Red, Black, and Green.

Red Wire – Connect this wire to a +12V source. The fuse block is a good choice for this connection, a switch accessory fuse is a prime choice. The will turn the module off when the key is off. But, any switched +12V source is ok.

Black Wire – This is the ground connection for the module. Chose a convenient ground location. A mounting screw or any other metal piece that makes a direct connection to the body will do. The radio ground is also a possibility.

Green Wire – This is the Tach input to the module. This can be either from the Tach line of the engine computer or from the switched side of an ignition coil."

This is all there, so the red wire hooks to a 2nd 12V source? 2nd meaning the white one from above is hooked to 12v already??

It then goes onto say

"Another Black wire exits the module. It provide the connections for driving an external device from the window switch.

Black Wire – This wire is the switched ground from the module. A connection to ground is made through this wire whenever the output of the module is “On”."

The thing is I dont have another black wire exiting the back? Am I missing something here, or is this actually meaning to refer to the white wire from above? If so, does that wire actually put out 12V, or does it act like a ground to ground the device I am wanting to activate?

Any ideas?
Old 04-01-2005, 03:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I got the same instructions, and it seems to me he has changed his design, because I don't have that second black wire to use as a ground.