Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header install done, now problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header install done, now problems

I have a 2001 TA that I just installed pacesetter LT headers and ORY-pipe with the SLP loudmouth exhuast. Had a few problems with the install but that is all ok now. Now my car is throwing code P0300 - random misfires, and my Bank One LTFT is running about 10-12% positive and not leveling out when i give it gas. My bank two LTFT is running about -1% and leveling out when i give it gas, which makes sense. My car is also stumbling and missing under acceleration and at idle, probably do to th LTFT's.
Also, There is a tapping from under the car, and can be heard from the exhuast, which tells me exhuast leak.
Can the exhuast leak cause my problems? Or maybe there is something electrical?

Thanks,
-Kevin
Old 03-24-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Check your plugs wires. I have done it before I think they are on all the way and turns out one did not "click" on all the way. I not so sure its an exhaust leak that is causeing your type of problem. Good luck.

Damon
Old 03-24-2005, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Well i would double check all your spark plug wires and plugs first off, start with the basics. The stumbling and missing is obviously the results of whatever is causing your code. If you removed your coil packs are they all pluged back in snuggly? The tapping under the car is probably the y-pipe hitting the floor board under acceleration/reving, only thing that should cause is false knock. The fuel problems i would think would be from needing a tune. Hope that helps.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Things to address:

Did the O2 sensors crap out? Sometimes coolant runs down the pipes and onto the sensors during install which will kill them quick.

Are you using sims and, if so, are they plugged into the rear harneses? Putting them in the front will cause MAJOR issues...including some of the ones you describe.

The tapping you hear is probably nothing. My car sounds like that, too, and it got worse after the LT's went in.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 PM
Teching In

I've checked the plugs wires countless times along with someone else has too. I didn't take the coils off, so thats not it. The y-pipe isn't rattling, its definitly a leak, i got some patch on there right now, it was a small tear in the y-pipe back by the muffler. It also taps while just idling.

I havn't thrown a code for the O2's, but who knows. I will switch the left and right O2's tomorrow and see if anything changes.

No O2 simms.

I'm not worried nearly as much about the tapping as the stumbling and missing that it is doing.

Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: header install done, now problems