Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Lid Coming Open?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SLP Lid Coming Open?

I've noticed over the past month or so, everytime I pop the hood on my car, the clips on the SLP lid are off. And the lid is just barely hanging on in there. I took the time last night to take it off and inspect everything and everything seems fine. I can hook those 4 clips back there in the back, but the passenger side clip will barely clamp down and the driver won't clamp at all. They are too loose. It's as if the lid comes down too far and too close to the clips to give enough pressure on them so that they seal the lid. Anyone know what else I might be able to do to resolve this?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loosen all the band clamps, push everything together nice and tight and retighten the band clamps. Then when you put the lid on, make sure the front lip tucks inside the air box. I had the same problem.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same exact problem you are having when I first got my slp lid. Turns out, the front part of the lid was not inserted correctly into the base of the air box. The front lip of the slp lid must be inside the box. Here is a picture of mine.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took it out and apart and redid it with the top cover going inside the bottom piece and it snapped in just right and works absolutely perfectly now. Thanks for the help guys.