Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First arranged race in the firechicken.. yaay!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default First arranged race in the firechicken.. yaay!

Well last night after ditching the rice fest meet here in Miami, a few of hit a parking lot with a local 2 lane road nearby incase we'd decide to get firsky. It's pretty boring, and pretty late, and I refuse to come out to a meet in the TA and not get a run in, so I goad my buddy to race me till he finally gives in. Here's the scoop:

Me- '00 WS6 M6
Lid, catback

Him- '95 240SX 5-speed
stock motor, boosted via SC61 @ 10psi w/ 3" turbo back (293whp @ 10psi)

We head out to the end of the street, hook a quick U and to me supprise he holds a 40mph roll on me, I figured he'd wanna go off the hole with his massive tires sticking out the back but.. oh well. We line em' up at a 40-roll, quick 3 honks and we're off! I've got about 1/2 a car on him through 2nd, toss 3rd and I'm pulling away but at a very slow rate. He hangs just off my bumper through 3rd, 6k comes up and I grab 4th, look back and he's still sitting there just off my bumper with the wastegate screaming away (didn't hear my motor the entire race, no exaggeration). Somewhere in the middle of 4th I decided the point was made, so we slow down to a more sane speed and make it back to the meets.

Wish I could say there was some dramam or something to make it more exciting but.. there wasn't That's pretty much it, just glad I could finally get a decent race in the TA, and it makes up for me getting my *** handed to me earlier that afternoon by my friend's '00 TA lol!

Cliffs: Race a friend's 240SX on boost, beat him by ~1.5 cars, enjoyed the rest of a boring night..