Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie questions

Whats going on everyone Im new to this site. Was reccommended by members of the silveradoss.com forums. I have a 2003 silverado ss with Mid length headers, pcm tune, exhaust, and CAI. But now I wanna start doing more serious upgrades. Im starting to buy transmission upgrades, torque converter, and transmission cooler for my next mods. But my real question is I want to get a 408 stroker kit and it seems alot of people here have this done. I was wondering what cam and heads would be the best to put with this application, to make good horsepower, but still be very streetable. Also I was wondering if i could do the heads/cam before the 408. Sorry for the long first post, but it seems you guys really know what your talking about. Thank you
Old 03-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Banned

I recommend going to the truck forum of this site. Also, read the NEWBIE STICKIES posted at the top.
The most important of all, search before you start a thread about something you guess has been covered a million times.
If I had your truck and had to get the most power on a budget, I would start with a higher stall torque converter. Exhaust,pullies, Shaner S3 throttlebody,and then go straight for a heavy cam w/valvetrain and tuning. With the scraps of money left I would then start on the suspension.
Welcome to the site!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Well thanx for the help I didnt even see the truck section until right before you said that. Sorry everyone.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Us newbies don't get much respect huh??
Old 03-31-2005, 04:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sandking
Us newbies don't get much respect huh??
On some other sites the guy would have already been banned, so I'd say ls1tech.com is pretty respectful in comparison.