Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Motive Gears

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 01:41 AM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motive Gears

Hi
Can anyone tell me the difference between a Motive Ring and Pinion and a Motive Performance Ring and Pinion. They list both in their catalouge but with no explination of the difference.

Thanks JA
Old 03-31-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmmm...when I bought my car the original owner (I bought it from the 2nd owner) had already installed a set of Motive 4.10's and a cover from LG Motorsports. I believe they are the performance gears.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:04 AM
14 Second Truck Club

The Performance gears are double lapped and set-up easier. There is a little more time that goes into the manufacture of them, that is why there is the price difference. As far as strength goes, the are made from the same material and checked to the same hardness. The performance gears are made to closer tolerances also, but both are good gears. I would always use the performance just from the fact that they set up easier and faster and only cost a litle more.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mzoomora
The Performance gears are double lapped and set-up easier. There is a little more time that goes into the manufacture of them, that is why there is the price difference. As far as strength goes, the are made from the same material and checked to the same hardness. The performance gears are made to closer tolerances also, but both are good gears. I would always use the performance just from the fact that they set up easier and faster and only cost a litle more.
What He said!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:55 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Default Performance Motive Gears

Hi

Thanks for the info. I am getting my rear end upgraded with a Detroit Truetrack and new gears. I will specifically ask for the performance gears.

JA