Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C '01 Firehawk vs. Modded GN-CL55 vs. H/C '02 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool H/C '01 Firehawk vs. Modded GN-CL55 vs. H/C '02 WS6

Julian ('02 S3 Heads and a MONSTROUS Cam with 12:1 CR) and I were cruisin' Beach Place in Fort Lauderdale when we came up on a Grand National.

He had all the requisite go-fast goodies including pillar gauges, detector, Gtech (or some other performance measuring unit), skinnies up front, and a GIGANTIC tire on what looked like 15" rims.

Before we get to a good light we picked up a CL55 tailing us: paper tags, Asian guy driving a stock AMG Supercharged car.

Julian and the CL55 are behind the GN and I at a light.

Firehawk: fully optioned with 7/8th of a tank of gas, me (246 lb.), Brenda (120 lb.), and no spare/jack in the trunk. The GN had 0 passengers and was either running rich or he had race gas in it because Julian saw a good puff of smoke from his pipes when we launched.

The Race (an estimated full quarter mile): He got a decent launch and mine was mediocre (I should have launched at ~3K like I normally do but I just replaced the Valve Springs and I was paranoid so I slipped the clutch at ~2500).
I got half a car on the launch and it stayed that way for most of the race. When I shift 1st/2nd and 2nd/3rd my Nitto's don't offer enough traction and my car jumps 3 feet Nonetheless, I beat him by almost a full car (he was just ahead of my rear bumper according to Brenda)

We gave the thumbs up at the next light when the CL55 lined up 3way beside us.

I had fried my brakes at the end of the kill and didn't wanna race again since Julian had whooped the CL55 while they were racing behind us. The GN and the CL55 went and, as I suspected, the GN won by what appeared to be a car or more (hard to tell because we weren't trying to follow their race).

Christopher's Onyx Black 2001 SLP T/A Firehawk M6 #89

Bilsteins, Chrome Rims, Deck Mat, Birth Certificate, Portfolio

PERFORMANCE: Jung's S2 Heads stock CR | TSP 231/237 | '03 Viper Tranny | Hooker LT's with FlowMouth | Spec S3 Kevlar Clutch | SLP Hi-Flow Radiator | Meziere EWP 160* | LPE 3 1/2" Aluminum Driveshaft | Jantzer TB | De-screened MAF | TSP Clear Lid-K&N | ASP Crank Pulley | SLP Bellows | NGK Plugs-MSD'S | Harlan's Shiftlight | FRA | TBB | tuned by Me | Crane Valvetrain | Hotchkis SFC's & Red STB | Mac Rear-End Cover | Stock Hurst with UMI Short Stick | SLP Reverse Logic Module | New '04 LS1 engine at 48K mi | Brembo Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors with Red Calipers

COSMETIC: Granatelli 200 mph White Gauges, Custom Front Air Dam, Custom Firehawk Fuel Rail Covers, Custom Firehawk Headrest Embroidery, Custom Carbon Fiber Interior, Custom Red Leather Interior, Custom Red Interior carpeting, Custom Red Tubing for Engine Bay, Mallory Billet Polished Aluminum Interior, Pioneer 10" Stealth Box

Brenda's 2001 Racing Red WS6 A4

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, SLP Lid-K&N, Bilstein Shocks, Eibach Lowering Springs, UMI SFC'S/STB, Brembo Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors with Red Calipers
Old 04-04-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Regular

Nice run.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ft. Lauderdale is amazingly fun. I spent a couple weeks down there with my Z on Las Olas blvd, and came up on many sweet rides. Good sushi on that street!

Nice race man, I felt adrenaline rush through me as I read
Old 04-04-2005, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

Nice runs. GN's can be deadly.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:43 AM
TECH Addict

Talking

Thanks fellas! I was a tad worried when I saw his tall tire and all the gizmo's in his cockpit . . . had what looked like a scanmaster or something . . . Julian said it looked like Knight Rider in his car