Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters or Hooker

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pacesetters or Hooker

Hey everyone i am gonna be purchasing headers here very soon, and have narrowed it down to either pacesetters or hooker. I am leaning more towards the pacesetters because of the price. Anyways though my car is lowered with i believe the eiback prokit, its VERY low, you can not even get a jack underneath the car, so im thinking i am going to be haveing very bad rubbing problems so how do each ones fit? also besides the headers what else will i need? im gonna be running no cats, so i know i need to get the ORY, but like what? new gaskets, 02 sims, what else will i need to complete the install? Also would i need to get the car tuned then afterwards? thanks alot
Jacobk
Old 04-04-2005, 06:14 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hookers fit well except for the 02 is in the wrong place....haev to mod a heat shield for itto be useable..Pain in the ***....dont know about the pacesetters.....

I just ordered some Jet hots.... copy of Hookers...I got it without EGR and AIR flanges...the o2's are in a way better spot than the hookers... and I got the JET-HOT 2000 coating in black(good to 2450* instead of only 1300* on the sterling coating...)
just under $600 shipped to my place
My old car...the guy that bought it has lowered it..and it has hooker longtubes...no problems with rubbing for him...
you'll need either an off road Y or some duals...you can reuse the stock bolts...they have always worked fine for me....or you can go get some stage 8 bolts or locking bolts if you prefer....but like I said...the STOCK ones have always worked great for me....
Reuse the stock metal gaskets(or you can get new stock metal gaskets..) and either o2 simms or get tuned(they edit the back o2's out for you with a tune usually...) You dont "NEED" a tune..but it does help...and you will get more ponies with a tune.
and might as well get soem new sparkplugs while you are in there....
getrid of the stock ones and get some NGK TR55's...you will be much happier....Stock plugs...100,000 mile plugs? yeah right....they're done by 15k...so might as well just get the copper that you have to change all the time anyways
Old 04-04-2005, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pacesetters fit like a glove. I love mine.