Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

something in fuel rail...what is it? Also, pulse dampener question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default something in fuel rail...what is it? Also, pulse dampener question.

im in the middle of doing my heads and cam, and im almost done. I took the fuel rail off and painted it silver. After, i was tilting it from front to back and heard this rattle. its like theres a ball in the drivers side half of the fuel rail . I'm assuming that this isnt supposed to be in there ? It is small enough to fall into the crossover tube, but not out the injector holes. So, I'm thinking it will come out if I pull the pulse dampener. what all is supposed to be in the pulse dampener anyway? Thanks.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AsianIce25
im in the middle of doing my heads and cam, and im almost done. I took the fuel rail off and painted it silver. After, i was tilting it from front to back and heard this rattle. its like theres a ball in the drivers side half of the fuel rail . I'm assuming that this isnt supposed to be in there ? It is small enough to fall into the crossover tube, but not out the injector holes. So, I'm thinking it will come out if I pull the pulse dampener. what all is supposed to be in the pulse dampener anyway? Thanks.
Doesnt anyone know? is there supposed to be somthing in the fuel rails sliding and rattling around? i assume no, but i dont know.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

My fuel rails do not have any rattles inside of them at all.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

There shouldn't be anything rattling around the fuel rail, no. Pull the injectors out and see if whatever is in there can find it's way out of the rail.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by technical
There shouldn't be anything rattling around the fuel rail, no. Pull the injectors out and see if whatever is in there can find it's way out of the rail.
i painted the manifold and fuel rails over the weekend cause im doing my heads and cam. you can kinda see this little metal thing, kinda like a ball, but i cant really see it, only that its metal. i think itll come out if i pull the pulse dampener, but im not really sure about that either. i guess it has to come out though for sure.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yep, has to come out. I'm sitting here with 2 rails ( ls1 and ls6 ) and neither rattle.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Viper
yep, has to come out. I'm sitting here with 2 rails ( ls1 and ls6 ) and neither rattle.
**** man, makes me wonder how long its been inside there. its definetely big enough to restrict flow and possibly block the shrader valve where the juice is hooked up. oh well, the heads and pistons look fine. does anyone know what parter are in the pulse damener before I open it up? hope that thing comes out.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a spare fuel rail if you need it.

Quick Reply: something in fuel rail...what is it? Also, pulse dampener question.