Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 code only at Idle.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300 code only at Idle.

Ok here goes.... My car is intermittantly throwing this code. It won't do it until after It warm's up, shuts down, then restarts. The SES light will flash after it starts shaking like a tree & the LTFTRM1 goes to +23. Everything is stock (00' SS). The STFTRM1 stays around 0? I've changed plugs,wires, fuel filter. No vacuum leaks noted. I guess it's time to go after the injectors or o2 sensors? It has thrown a p0307 code once, but not after I changed the plugs/wires. I checked the freeze frame when it occurred & the only thing out of the ordinary was the LTFTRM1 at +16. No other codes were thrown. I'm leaning towards a bad injector, is the best way to check these at the dealer? That's what the Service Manual says, but is there an easier way? Thanks for any help guys, I've been searching for weeks and haven't come across anything close to what I've got going on.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Y2KSLPSS
Ok here goes.... My car is intermittantly throwing this code. It won't do it until after It warm's up, shuts down, then restarts. The SES light will flash after it starts shaking like a tree & the LTFTRM1 goes to +23. Everything is stock (00' SS). The STFTRM1 stays around 0? I've changed plugs,wires, fuel filter. No vacuum leaks noted. I guess it's time to go after the injectors or o2 sensors? It has thrown a p0307 code once, but not after I changed the plugs/wires. I checked the freeze frame when it occurred & the only thing out of the ordinary was the LTFTRM1 at +16. No other codes were thrown. I'm leaning towards a bad injector, is the best way to check these at the dealer? That's what the Service Manual says, but is there an easier way? Thanks for any help guys, I've been searching for weeks and haven't come across anything close to what I've got going on.
Some kind of leanness is going on, and a bad injector does seem to support this theory. If it's not spraying enough, it will cause misfires, and the PCM would detect leaner than stoich AFR via the O2s and try to compensate my moving the trims upward. I would day exhaust leak, except that wouldn't be an intermittent problem, your trims would be pegged pretty high on the side it was on if that were the case. Try running a misfire test to isolate which cylinder/s it could be on that way you might be able to save some $$$ and time when dealing with the dealership!
Old 04-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info, anyone know the part# for the stock injectors? Are they ACDELCO parts?