Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Hey guys...machine shop Q

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey guys...machine shop Q

Hey guys i havent posted in the northwest section yet but i am going to try alot more often, so first of all whats up. Second i am going to be doing a 383 stroker build up here pretty soon and was wondering where are some good machine shops to prep my block for the clearance and balance it and all that good stuff, and then a good place to have my heads ported. I am having a hard time finding places. Cheapest cost would be best obviously lol but i want a place that is reputable. I live in mount vernon. WA but i will be willing to drive past tacoma if i have to in order to find the best place. Thanks all so much.

Little info on my ride its a 93 camaro 6 speed and my crankshaft bearing is worn out so the endplay on the crank is like .040 which is bad. Apparently this a very rare thing to happen on small block chevys so i guess i just got lucky <sigh>
Old 04-08-2005, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

There are several people on here more knowlegable than me about which machin shop to go to. Ellis, Ryan, John B all know that stuff. Bill does too. If all else fails you can take it to Shaun @ S&M Auto in Everett. The machine shopp guy there has been in the Seattle race scene for MANY years, & Shaun knows the LS1s inside & out. But I think Ellis is the LT1 god in these parts.

Anyway, welcome!

Mark
Old 04-08-2005, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey nice to see new faces(so to speak)

I have a great Machinest I use but I have to tell you up front one thing. You have to choose right now...Cheap or Good

Both do not come at the same time

I have certain Vendors and People I use all over the USA to get the job done the way "I" want it done. Not the cheapest in the world but proven performers just the same.

I do hear Shaun @ S&M Auto in Everett does good work and is very fair priced.

I have two motors in progress now and one in the car that made 407RWHP at 5,800 when the Opti started dieing. With new opti this car should make 425 easy The car was Incredible in how well it drove!

Here pretty Soon We will see just how much beter my guy is with LS1s Right Boyce?
Old 04-09-2005, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Ok thanks guys i will check that place out, also how much is it to have the block prepped usually my father believes like a few hundred bucks but i think times have changed since like the 60's lol. I just need to start getting quotes so i know what i can get first. can the block be prepped and my heads ported for like under 800 bucks? i know i am probably dreaming.