Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Popping noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Popping noise

I have had a popping noise under my drivers floorboard ever since I had my A4 rebuilt. I took it to the tire store for a new set of nitto's saturday and told the repairman about it. He did a complete check using a pry bar. All mounts check ok and we checked to make sure the tailshaft hasn't been hitting along with the exaust. But it still does it. He sais it is either the torque convertor not locking properly or it is my rear end causing the noise. How do I isolate this problem? I have only 2 months warranty on the transmission and I need to get this resolved ASAP.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Take it to the tranny shop fast before warrenty is over, see if it is related to the tranny and also have another shop take a look at the problem.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98boxer
Take it to the tranny shop fast before warrenty is over, see if it is related to the tranny and also have another shop take a look at the problem.
The tranny shop says that it is the rear end and the chevy dealership says it will be two months before they can look at it.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Banned

kinda sounds like a trans mount to me, you checked that right ?
Old 04-11-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

If dealership is having you wait and your warrenty is almost over, then get an appointment to show they made you wait, while still under warrenty. This way this shows you wanted them to take a look at the car under warrenty.