Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Computer Programers Which 1???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Computer Programers Which 1???

Who knows which programmer is the best to buy or do they even work. I've only done minor work like exhaust and air box. I was trying to figure out which 1 to get and so far the only 1 that is getting my attention is the Granetelli. Please help!!!

Steve
Old 04-12-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not a fan of hanheld programmers. They are very limited and cost a fortune. Not, sure if that was what you are asking. The laptop tuning software is much better and allows for more tuning ability. For instance, HP Tuners is an editor and scanner using one cable. If you split the costs with a friend, it would cost each of you $250. Then, you an tweak anything to your hearts content. The only thing, you will need to purchase a laptop or pick a used for cheap. The is a wealth of information on this site about tuning the PCM and there is a sticky at the top of the page, Tuning 101.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I do agree with my cohort above I would also add that PCM programming is not for everyone. While the HP tuner software is GREAT (I love mine.) it can be quite intricate and opens up quite a wide doorway for error in the hands of someone trying to learn what to change and how to do so. One must ask themselves the following questions:

1-How much tweaking am I going to do?

2-Am I capable or truly interested in learning how to maipulate PCM software using a PC?

If yes, then I would highly suggest the HP Tuners software. If not then I would reccomend the Vinci (Crane) Power programmer. It has quite a few programs loaded into it already that one may upload without the learning curve of the HP software. It is also quite easy to return the PCM to stock (So is the HP software as you simply save your original .BIN file.). Do a little research on both and ask yourself how deep into it you really want to go. After you have answered the questions above truthfully I think that your choice will be obvious. Either way I don't think you can lose. Good luck and Cheers !!!

Jim C.