Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valvebody Working Right? Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valvebody Working Right? Help

Okay, i am trying to narrow down my field here for things to look at for my issues.

Currently, the car won't shift to 4th was the first thing i saw happen. Upon more driving around, i noticed it wasn't shifting like it should if put in 2-D on the selector. It will start in 2nd if you do this. If i put the car in 1 and start off and shift manually...the car will shift up to 3...and then 4th still won't come on.

What i am wondering is if i am able to shift the car from 1 manually up to 3.....would the valvebody be wokring right?

I am thinking i got a bad solenoid valve currently. dealer said they didn't see a code and that the pcm is sending the signal and the solenoid is responding so to speak....but they wanted to pull it out and do more testing on the solenoid. something about checking it hydraulically so to speak...for flow. i woulnd't let them. they wanted way to much $$ to do it. i can jsut swap it and see if it works for less $$.

So, i want to know if my valvebody is working right with me being able to shift manually. i jsut wnat to know that i don't need to take it apart basically.

anyone?
Old 04-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Banned

Default I'm confused

Hey lets sort out the facts here....am I understanding you right??? Do you not have 1st gear?? You mention second gear starts, no4th. If this is the case it could be 1-2 shift solenoid, However a manual second-first gear condition is only available on some models and is electronically prevented.Heres what you wanna do Go get in your car put it in the over drive position drive the car and let me know at what speed this thing shifts at under normal driveing conditions (like the cops are behind you) I hope this helps Dave
Old 04-12-2005, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Ha ha, sorry...i tend to ramble...

OKay here goes.

Auto mode:
If i put the car in lets say "3" on the shifter- the car will drive out, but very slowly and only shift 1 time afterward...with it being in 3rd obviously from my speed and such. So, no matter the gear i have it in.... 2,3 or D...the car is starting to go in 2nd when i start to accelerate. Still no 4th though.

Manual shifting:
Put the shifter into "1" and then shift it manually at lets say 4K...car shifts to 2nd when i make it, and then will shift to 3 when i make it and when i go to "D" it does not shift into 4th still.

BUT, i jsut came in from messing with the 1-2 solenoid replacement and found something interesting. the car has a trans go shift kit in it. the 1-2 valve is replaced in the kit with a new valve setup that has a ball and spring installed into the end that touches off on the solenoid valve. i was missing the ball...... assuming it acts like a check ball kinda thing...so i would assume this would cause probems. SO, since i didn't have the ball anymore...................i just found my stock valve that i had removed....and reinstalled it. SO, this may have been my problem all along regardless of the solenoid...but i still put in the new solenoid i bought today.

the dealer had told me it was communicating as such between the PCm and the tranny..and he said there were no codes......but they couldn't tell me for sure if it was good or not....

Anyway, i am still yet to drive it with the new found 1-2 valve setup i found missing. Hopefully this was my problem all along...... the ball not being in there would have applied/ or not applied fluid when expected and such i am assuming??

thanks