Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

0 to 60

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 0 to 60

I just made a deal for a 914 V-8 unfinished car. I've been looking for quite a while for the right car. I don't know the engine internals but its a 350, aluminum heads and has Edelbrock port fuel injection. The engine was special built and has just ran on a test bench. The guy who was preparing the car went through Renegade for all the conversion parts. I spoke with Renegade and they told me he bought all the best stuff. Its got Renegades cooling system, adapters etc. The engine was built to put out at least 350 hp but I don't know for sure. The guy also had Renegade build him a trick 930 transmission which is good to 700 hp. I don't know how much the transmission was but they will quote you 5K to 8k and up. I will be shipping the car to southern ca. in a week. I will try to post a pic of the car below. Scott at Renegade said it would go from 0 to 60 in 4 seconds. Well,f we will see but I am looking forward to finishing the car. I just wanted to share my find. I just a old hot-rodder at heart. John

Old 04-17-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

I just bought a 914 myself, mine has a stock 305 in it and it is very fast. Feel free to email me at nmiller@kipamerica.com

one question for you is how is the coolant setup.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick's WS6
I just bought a 914 myself, mine has a stock 305 in it and it is very fast. Feel free to email me at nmiller@kipamerica.com

one question for you is how is the coolant setup.
The cooling system is the one used by Renegade. Its not a cheep one but I understand they use a double pass radiator. It has the remote style belt driven water pump. Send me some pictures
stdotjohn@***.net
Old 05-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Both of you should come over to 914club.com if you're not members already. LS1tech is a great resource, but there are a whole bunch of V8 teeners over at 914club. Always looking for new blood and to check out new rides.

Quick Reply: 0 to 60