Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifters and rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lifters and rockers?

Do I have to replace them when I do a head and cam upgrade? Or are they good for about 500fwhp and about 6500rpm? I know they have their place as far as wear, but will a new cam on an old lifter have wear issues? I am also replacing the pushrods, so will I have wear issues on the old rockers? Thanks, Joey
Old 04-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do I have to replace them when I do a head and cam upgrade? Or are they good for about 500fwhp and about 6500rpm? I know they have their place as far as wear, but will a new cam on an old lifter have wear issues? I am also replacing the pushrods, so will I have wear issues on the old rockers? Thanks, Joey

You dont need to replace your rockers they are pretty strong and effective pieces. Unless yours are wrecked and chewed to garbage then replace. Other than the tip they dont develope a wear pattern necessarily.

Its up to you on the lifters most people swap them out if they are doing heads just because you can access them, the stock ones are also very strong. If your looking to spin your motor 6500 and up it would be a great idea to put some new ones in especially because your taking the heads off......why not put some new lifters in.

Many people run giant cams on stock lifters and rockers which have proven themselves over and over again in high horsepower applications. Good Luck