Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter or transmission problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 07:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converter or transmission problem?

Well it didn't take long for the added power from the cam to break stuff. about 3-4 weeks since the install and now today on my way to work something is on its way out. I think its my tranny but havn't read about the symtoms I'm having. I'm not sure if its the tranny or the converter. First of all the ses light came on just before I noticed it felt different. From a stop when I start to give it gas its way more sluggish. It takes a lot of rpms just to start moving. It's never been like this before so its not how the converter normaly feels. I havn't noticed anything else but I only drove it for about ten minutes after this started. Every time from a stand still it does it. What do you guys think, time for a tranny rebuild? If yes, any suggestions for a good tranny for my setup. I plan to add heads and a 100 shot within a year or so. I'd like something that will last a while. I live by speed inc and FLP so those would be my top two choices. I know Rossler is one of the best but I think they may be a little out of my price range.
Thanks for any help.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

i sounds like your tranny it seems as if the tranny went into self mode and that why the SES light is on try put it in 1st your self when u take off and see if it works if your car is in safe mode that means that u are taking off in 2nd gear otherthen but u might aswell kiss that tranny goodbye
Old 04-19-2005, 09:04 AM
7 Second Club

mine does that **** occassionaly.... im swapping to a th350
stupid 4l60e
Old 04-19-2005, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks guys.
On my way home from work it seemed back to normal. I'm going to go have the ses code scanned to make sure it is related. I hope the tranny can hold on a little longer so I can save up and do it right the first time.