Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous questions

Hey guys, first off im a complete newbie with muscle cars (just got '00 ws6!!!)so excuse me if some of my questions sound dumb.. Alright so ive heard alot about how great nitrous works with muscle cars and id like to soon install a system in my car but im not sure where to start. What brands are recommended? Dry or Wet? and lastly, how safe is nitrous because ive seen videos of cars "hiccuping" and bursting in flames because of nitrous...is this a rare isolated incident or does it happen often??? any info would be great. thanks guys
Old 04-20-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer a wet system, others like dry it's personal preference. If you get all the safety features you should be ok. All brands of Nitrous systems have their good points and bad points, I use NX again it's personal preference.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the world of nitrous.Nitrous is the best bang for the buck.You can reach better horse power number and better track times at a portion of the price.The key to having a nice dependable nitrous sytsem is buying a quality system with all the recommended saftey features.
The most common nitrous system is the NX single nozzle system.This system comes with the jetting from 35 to a 150 hp.This system is actually capable of puting out 250hp.It also has lifetime warrent solenoids.
The next thing I recomend is a GENX-2.This kit will have all the really needed accessories.It comes with a automatic bottle heater,purge,nitrous pressure gauge,fuel pressure safety switch,NHRA valve and blow down tube.
THe window switch is the most needed part for safety.THe window switch is desighned to tell the nitrous system at what RPM to come on and what RPM to shut off.The purpos of this is to keep you from spraying at to low of a rpm or hitting rev limiter from tranny slipage or missig a gear.
Spend the extramoney and buy a name brand system.This way when you need warrenty or tech advice you know they will still be there to help.
If you have any questions let me know.
Dave