Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cam advice please.

I ran a search and really never found quite what I wanted.
I curerntly have an 04 GTO M6. The car will be going in to the shop very soon for the heads/cam swap. My only concern at this point is the cam

The cam will be a custom grind from RevXtreme which from my understanding are based off of the Comp Cams.

The car will be tuned by Jeremy at RevX, so now I am curious as to what I can expect from my options.
This is a daily driven car!
I am highly considering this cam:
232/236 112-113 lsa .591/???(spilled water on my sheet I wrote the specs on)
I am curious as to how it will idle and the streetabilty of such a cam. Like I said it will be tuned after install. I love listening to my engine and loud won't bother me, but I don't want something that will be obnoxios and annoying...?

Any thoughts on this matter? If anyone has any videos of their car tuned on a similar cam I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
Mick
Old 04-21-2005, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TrakDay
I ran a search and really never found quite what I wanted.
I curerntly have an 04 GTO M6. The car will be going in to the shop very soon for the heads/cam swap. My only concern at this point is the cam

The cam will be a custom grind from RevXtreme which from my understanding are based off of the Comp Cams.

The car will be tuned by Jeremy at RevX, so now I am curious as to what I can expect from my options.
This is a daily driven car!
I am highly considering this cam:
232/236 112-113 lsa .591/???(spilled water on my sheet I wrote the specs on)
I am curious as to how it will idle and the streetabilty of such a cam. Like I said it will be tuned after install. I love listening to my engine and loud won't bother me, but I don't want something that will be obnoxios and annoying...?

Any thoughts on this matter? If anyone has any videos of their car tuned on a similar cam I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
Mick
Don't let anyone kid you about that cam. It will have lots of lope and may surge from time to time.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, it will be louder, the engine will shake while idling, and it will run rough below about 1800 rpm, and it will buck and surge in the same range. Your Goat will be transformed from a refined, mild-mannered sports car into a race car and a bit of beast. If that is what you want, go for it. If you wanted something smooth and tame, you would have bought a Buick, right?
Old 04-21-2005, 09:26 PM
9 Second Club

By no means did I expect it to be soft. I would prefer for it to sound and act more agressive as well as perform in the same manners! I am wondering what the HP difference would be between that 232/236 and a 224/228...any ideas?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2005, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a good tune it shouldn't be very bad at all.