Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Word on Vinci Handheld Tuners for 98's

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Word on Vinci Handheld Tuners for 98's

Does anyone know how the testing is comming on the 98 tuners? I'm a little bit jealous of the 99's and up. The Vinci tuner was supposed to be out August 04'. I keep hearing that they are real close, but it still hasn't come out yet. Eight months later, and it's making me a little bit nervous about buying the tuner if and when it does come out. With all the time it's taking, there must be some serious issues. Has anyone heard anything lately?
Old 04-24-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
Does anyone know how the testing is comming on the 98 tuners? I'm a little bit jealous of the 99's and up. The Vinci tuner was supposed to be out August 04'. I keep hearing that they are real close, but it still hasn't come out yet. Eight months later, and it's making me a little bit nervous about buying the tuner if and when it does come out. With all the time it's taking, there must be some serious issues. Has anyone heard anything lately?
The last thing I heard would have been about a month ago. Joe said that the gear scaling wasn't working correctly and they were going to contact me to test dreiveability when that was fixed. I haven't heard anything further from them at this time.

However, my car has been down the last three weeks, and I still need to get a stock tune reloaded into the PCM for proper testing with it.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tested one in a 98 TA auto yesterday. plugged in and loaded fine. i just let another person take it home with him for the coming week to play with it and get his pros and cons of it. little more patience. it's getting there. they need a 97-98 vette for about 10 minutes to see if it'll load as well.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just getting anxious because no one makes a good tuner for the 98's, and I have heard great things about the vinci tuner. I am getting ready to put a cam in, and would love to give this tuner a shot before I pay for an ls1 edit. I like the idea of being able to tweak the tune myself, without having to pay someone big bucks for a tune and for changes to the tune.