Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Tunning and TB

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Tunning and TB

I did a search and I can't really find the answer that I"m looking for. So forgive me if this has been asked before somewhere else.

I am installing a set of FLP headers in the near future and already have a few misc. mods on the car, SLP lid, FTRA, Borla Cat Back, nothing to crazy. Should I even consider gettin a Tune done once I put the headers in?

I am also thinking about gettin a bigger TB. So obviously I wouldn't be tunning till I figured out for sure if I'm going down this road or not.

Sooooo with the set up and the possiblity of gettin the TB should I tune the car? I know this isn't a way to judge but on all the car shows they bolt on some mod, dyno it and then tune and re dyno and the HP goes up a few more.

So give me some feed back.

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

I wouldnt go with a bigger size TB unless you are goin to change the intake also to like a FAST. A ported TB from just about any of the top porters will do all you would need on the production ls1/ls6 intake. Tuning is recommended on the headers but not on the TB unless you are wanting to wait on gettin a TB.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

get your stock tb ported, since you already have the LS6 intake. then get it all tuned once you've done LTs/tb, that way you'll get the best of both worlds.