Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breather Popping Out

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 04:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Breather Popping Out

I'm not sure what is going on with my car, but I have a two-piece breather, and the filter part actually pops out in some instances. It happened twice at the track after or while doing a burn out. After reading some threads here about PCV, Breathers and oil blow-by...I think I am getting closer to solving this issue, but could still use some insight.

My breather has a thin layer of oil on it, and the buildup is enough to make it drip (this is on the pass. side). I suspect that the revving the engine then dumping the clutch could cause a sudden jolt of pressure, enough to pop the filter out. The times breather popped out, my burn out attempt was not too graceful...getting used to the upgraded clutch, so the engine went from maybe 5000-6000 RPM to ~2000 in less than a second or so.

Futhermore, my car is running a 230/224 111 LSA cam with .565 lift, it is tuned but only put out around 370 RWHP and 360 RWTQ. These numbers should have been up by 20 each...so I think that whatever is going on here, is affecting the performance of my engine quite a bit.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm still trying to make some connections to isolate and fix this problem.