Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!EGR and !AIR

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Rok
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default !EGR and !AIR

I'm putting on an LS6 intake and S3 TB, and at the same time I will be having the EGR and AIR systems removed. My question is, will I be able to drive the car after removing those two systems without a tune for a short period of time? After the install I will be getting the car tuned ASAP. But I was curious if I could drive the car or if I would have to trailer it.
TIA
Rok
Old 04-27-2005, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will be ok to drive around with it. You will have an SES light until you get the codes deleted but it will run fine.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Rok
TECH Apprentice

cool thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rok
I'm putting on an LS6 intake and S3 TB, and at the same time I will be having the EGR and AIR systems removed. My question is, will I be able to drive the car after removing those two systems without a tune for a short period of time? After the install I will be getting the car tuned ASAP. But I was curious if I could drive the car or if I would have to trailer it.
TIA
Rok
Yeah, it doesn't affect driveability much if at all. Just that annoying 'Service Engine Soon' light comes on. Actually, without the AIR, the car runs a little quieter, which I like. Just did mine yesterday, did the EGR over the summer.