Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

metal shavings

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default metal shavings

when i did my drill mod, i drilled out the restriction. once done, i put the master line back on the master, and then i bench bled the master, letting the metal shavings still in the line come out of the end of the quick disconnect when we bled the master. after i've read some other methods of the drill mod, i'm wondering if maybe this method is unable to completely remove all of the metal shards? and if it is unable to remove all metal shards, how dangerous is that in the hydraulic system and what problems would it create?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:39 AM
Launching!

metal shavings in anythign are never good, if it were me i would have flushed it an *** load of times to get the shavings out
Old 04-28-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i did flush it a million and a half times, but i didn't flush it the way i read to flush it. what i read was to flush the fluid through the quick disconnect end (part that goes into the slave) and have it run out the end that you drilled.

instead, i tapped the master end a little bit and then attached it to the master and bench bled the master and had the metal come out the quick disconnect end instead. make sense? i just don't know how efficient that was, but i do remember seeing metal shavings come out of the quick disconnect end, i just don't know if i got them all out.

so basically i'm just asking if anyone/everyone thinks my method should be any less efficient than any of the other methods? after all, no method will leave anyone absolutely certain that all the metal shards were removed from the line, since none of the methods entail opening the line up to look inside.

Last edited by tuffluck; 04-28-2005 at 12:57 PM.