Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help

I was told that a 3500 stall would be worth getting for my 98 z28 A4-whats a good company to buy from, and more importantly what does it do<feel stupid for asking also what does a 98 z28 a4 have as far as a tranny is it a -th-350 , th400 etc.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You have a 4L60E transmission. A Torque converter multiplies torque. That makes no sense to me either. What it really does is make your car much faster off the line, assuming you have traction tires. On street tires you will be able to almost fry them at will. It makes your car feel like it has an additional 50 horsepower. A 3500 stall should knock at least a half second off your quarter mile times. Find someone in your area that has an aftermarket converter in their car and see if they'll let you drive it. You will be convinced instantly. Many of our sponsors sell converters, just check a few of their web sites.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gold Z
You have a 4L60E transmission. A Torque converter multiplies torque. That makes no sense to me either. What it really does is make your car much faster off the line, assuming you have traction tires. On street tires you will be able to almost fry them at will. It makes your car feel like it has an additional 50 horsepower. A 3500 stall should knock at least a half second off your quarter mile times. Find someone in your area that has an aftermarket converter in their car and see if they'll let you drive it. You will be convinced instantly. Many of our sponsors sell converters, just check a few of their web sites.

thanks