Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Cheap alloy heads on ebay??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap alloy heads on ebay??

hi guys
im looking to buy a pair of alloy heads as im just a sucker for heads that only weigh about 25lbs! plus these ones are very reasonably priced...
They are made in australia apparantly, right where i live :o
Anyone know much about them?? are they nasty or a good buy? flow figures seem very decent. Please check them out if u can and tell me what u think
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33617

or theres these pairs too, similar priced alumium heads

or

they're not cheap nasty crap made in taiwan or something are they?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

well look at it this way... dart iron eagle heads are about $1200 or so for a pair, but they complete and not bare. and alluminum heads normally sell for more than iron. so just save your money and get a set of afr's
Old 04-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 68birdls1
well look at it this way... dart iron eagle heads are about $1200 or so for a pair, but they complete and not bare. and alluminum heads normally sell for more than iron. so just save your money and get a set of afr's
i dont have much to spend on heads, its a total budget combo.. afr's e.t.c are too much.. these heads are 680 shipped to my door, then i can just get some springs, valves, and retainers and put them together and ill be set. The valve seats and guides all seem to be top notch and even the flow figures are fine for me to not even worry about porting them...
Old 04-29-2005, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

but do you really want to spend that much money on somethng that you arnt sure is gonna work like it is supposed to. just remember that most of the time when something is to good to be true... it normally is! but there are exceptions. but when it comes to something like heads and valve train.. i wouldnt buy something unless i knew it would work. and like i said you can get a set of the dart iron eagle heads for a real good price. hell i have even sell on ebay for real cheap. the guy that built the motor of the rx7 that i have got the heads for $400 complete, only had 300 miles on them. just keep looking and dont get impatient.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:02 PM
10 Second Club

id get them, for that price they are good. you dont need the name brand heads to work well. just look for around a 200cc intake runner, 64cc combustion chamber, and 202/160 valves. also guideplats and screw in studs are good too. they will work well, id just suggest slight blending of the bowls and intake runners. dont get to excessive though.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't buy heads when they are both listed as "RAISED RUNNER SERIOUS RACE HEADS" and "FOR THE PERFORMANCE STREET ENTHUSIAST.".

Mainly because it's either one or the other. And if they're actually raised runner, you'll need a special intake to bolt up, not a normal Vic Jr. or Super Vic, etc.

I reccomend Dart Iron Eagles also. 230cc set up for the 1.55" spring is for Solid roller applications and will make awesome power. I'm not sure if they can be beat power wise. Do the Pro 1 alum. version if money allows.

If that's still too much money, get a set of GM Vortec Iron heads from www.sdpc2000.com. $500 and they make great power. If you have a cam larger than .485", get their modified versions that come with larger springs, etc. They even sell complete budget kits with heads/intake/gaskets/bolts, etc...Goodluck!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=AutoRoc]I wouldn't buy heads when they are both listed as "RAISED RUNNER SERIOUS RACE HEADS" and "FOR THE PERFORMANCE STREET ENTHUSIAST.".
I saw that as well and went
If you want aluminum and want a great performing street head, check out the Edelbrock ETEC's. The small port ones are around $1100.00 US complete. Everything I have read about these has been awesome. They outflow the GM cast iron vortechs, they are about the same price as the GM cast iron vortechs after you add screw in studs, guide plates, and better springs to the cast iron counter parts. The only draw back (if you consider it that) is that it will require a vortech style intake.

Quick Reply: Cheap alloy heads on ebay??