Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech power programer 3 98 Ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech power programer 3 98 Ls1

Will this help me at all on a 98 stick shift or not. A friend who has a 98 automatic saud it helped him but thinks it wont help me because I have a stick shift is this true or not?
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Hypertech's programmer comes with a program already installed so when u put it on ur car it all depends how ur car reacts to it. I lost 2 tenths with the programer and my friend gained 3 tenths. Its a hit and miss cause all cars are different. U can still get some use out of it. U can program for different gears and tires, move rev limeter and speed limiter, change cooling fan temps and such. U can do all of that with out actually having the hypertech program installed in ur car.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

is your car a stick and is your friends an automatic
Old 05-02-2005, 07:29 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by marcdez
Will this help me at all on a 98 stick shift or not. A friend who has a 98 automatic saud it helped him but thinks it wont help me because I have a stick shift is this true or not?
Thanks in advance.
No, HPP3 doesn't do anything for M6...as far as shift point goes, that is only good for A4.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't spend any money on one....if you can use it for free then go ahead and try it out I guess. If you plan on modding more in the future I'd think about just getting some tuning software.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by marcdez
is your car a stick and is your friends an automatic
Nope both autos. Like i said its hit and miss with these things. From my personal experience i would have to say dont get one but my friend would tell u differently, it just depends on how ur car reacts to the program that already comes in the programmer.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GT Griller
Nope both autos. Like i said its hit and miss with these things. From my personal experience i would have to say dont get one but my friend would tell u differently, it just depends on how ur car reacts to the program that already comes in the programmer.
Like GT Griller said, it can be a hit or a miss....luckly mine was a hit....its a 98 a4.....after programming i noticed a little bit of a difference.....
i like having the fan come on at a lower temp to keep the heat at a lower level....shifting and shift points were nicer too.....but its no good for an m6