Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

350 swap into 80's monte carlo ss's

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 swap into 80's monte carlo ss's

just curious if anyone on here has like a 84-88 monte ss...and has done the 350 swap. just curious as to what kind of problems and what not u ran into during the swap. or was it basically pretty easy?
Old 05-03-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Its a pretty easy swap...done it in the past and I am getting ready to build a street/strip car now....you should be fine since they are relatively the same..... just different bore and stroke. Email me if you have any problems.......

go to montecarloss.com and look there.....tons of info for your swap.

Good luck!
Mike
Old 05-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mikes98z
Its a pretty easy swap...done it in the past and I am getting ready to build a street/strip car now....you should be fine since they are relatively the same..... just different bore and stroke. Email me if you have any problems.......

go to montecarloss.com and look there.....tons of info for your swap.

Good luck!
Mike
yeah i was on that site last night. the thing i'm not sure about is how the ecu reacts since i would want a non computer controlled carb. plus the 305's have holes tapped for knock sensors. they tell u on the site they u can stick em somewhere else on the 350's to take care of that. its really the ecu stuff i'm wondering about.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Teching In

The 350 swap into an 80's SS is a piece of cake. I've got a 350/xe268/vortec head engine in my 88 SS with the factory computer still hooked up. The knock sensor screws into the coolant drain port on the side of the block, no special place. As stated before, montecarloss.com has LOTS of info. on these cars. HTH

Quick Reply: 350 swap into 80's monte carlo ss's