Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Has anyone tried an Eaton Posi Unit in a 10 bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried an Eaton Posi Unit in a 10 bolt?

I'm thinking about trying an Eaton Posi unit in my 10 bolt, rather than changing to a 12bolt due to cost of the 12bolt. I've heard that it is stronger than the torsen/Auburn units. Has anyone else tried this, or do you know of anyone? I'd like to know the results good or bad. I'd also like to know which gear ratio you were using with the Eaton Posi, and which tires Slicks or Drag Radials were used, also if a T/A Girdle was used

P.S. I already know 10bolts suck, I just have not seen a lot of threads regarding the Eaton unit in the 10 bolt.

Thanks,
Old 05-05-2005, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why spend the money on it? when yout 10 bolt just going to break any ways the posi isnt the week link. its a wink link but not the main one. its the ring and pinon that is the main week link in the 10 bolts. i whent threw 4 in a year, and was still on my stock posi with well over 100,xxx miles on it, same yoru money and buy a better rear. i dont plan on breaking my 9in no time soon