Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

walbro fuel pump.. need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default walbro fuel pump.. need help!!

I purchased a walbro 255lph fuel pump for my trans am. after getting the tank out and pulling the stock fuel pump out, i noticed that there was only 1 place on the walbro to put the main hose..right next to that is a tiny hole that has threads in it. is there supposed to be a fitting for another hose? there was a smaller hose on the stock fuel pump..where does that smaller hose go if it doesnt go to the fuel pump?
I bought this kit new and sealed so that is why i am wondering...
Old 05-05-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I went through the same thing.The small hose is used as a fill function for the bucket. The new pump dose not use this feature. All that is needed is the main out put hose to be connected. Not to put doom on this pump I went with the Ractronix setup, yes it cost a bit more but it was well worth it.

For reasons why, it is a direct plug and play setup, still uses the bucket fill function, keeps pump cover in fuel when tank level is low, no need to cut up the stock bucket and modify the mounting to make the pump fit. Racetronix drops right in and is secured in correct position. No need to splice wire harness plugs right in eliminating the chance of problems with splices ect.
I am glad I went with the Ractronix set up and the wire harness-kit that comes with it for direct wire connections.

And now I do not have to be cautious about running the tank low on fuel and over heating the pump. Hope this helps.

Sorry but to answer your question the small hose is no longer need, and you will have to cut the bottom of your bucket up to fit the filter sock.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry but to answer your question the small hose is no longer need, and you will have to cut the bottom of your bucket up to fit the filter sock.[/QUOTE]

the filter and everything fit right in. yes the wireharness had to be spliced but i got some connectors that wont come apart.thanks for your help
Old 05-05-2005, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

http://www.public.asu.edu/~nicolasd/...mpinstall.html
Here is a site that may help.