Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which way do you use??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which way do you use??????

I am tuning the LTFT's and in the Tuning 101 guide it gives you 2 different ways to do it. So which one would you use

A. It say take your +/- LTFT's and add them you your Priamry VE vs. RPM vs. MAP

B. Take your LTFT's and STFT and add them together. Take the # and divide it by 2 and then add the new # to the Priamry VE vs. RPM vs. MAP.

I have created a cool spread sheet for both where I just copy and paste my date into requested areas and it does the rest takes 2 mins to do the intire RPM range. But again which one is better or more accurate
Old 05-06-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sevanseriesta
I am tuning the LTFT's and in the Tuning 101 guide it gives you 2 different ways to do it. So which one would you use

A. It say take your +/- LTFT's and add them you your Priamry VE vs. RPM vs. MAP

B. Take your LTFT's and STFT and add them together. Take the # and divide it by 2 and then add the new # to the Priamry VE vs. RPM vs. MAP.

I have created a cool spread sheet for both where I just copy and paste my date into requested areas and it does the rest takes 2 mins to do the intire RPM range. But again which one is better or more accurate
I apologize for the confusion in that document. I've been working on an update for a while and it's taking much longer than expected.

Here's what I did:

If your LTFT's are less 10 and your are NOT disabling LTFT learning than you should add the two. I would recommend that once you have the LTFT's less than or equal to 10 then turn off LTFT learn and use just STFT's. Whichever method you use, ensure that your fuel trims are learned and stable before making any tuning changes. This is one of the biggest mistakes that many make when driveability tuning.

Good luck!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well all of the LTFT's were from +10 to +25. Not a single one was in the negative or even at 0. Pretty cool Huh. When i looked at the STFT's They were anywhere from -12 to +13. So I did two different files both done in the way that I explained above. I just wanted to make sure that i was not going to hurt anything by making drastic changes. The average VE was probably around 47 or 48. That seems kind of low. Granted this was only from 0 to 4000 RPM's.

I am going to log some stuff so I can recalibrate the MAF. Before I Flash the new Vcm what else should I look into logging and changing.