PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am on the fence...stick with HPtuners and go 3 bar or go with Megasquirt

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 04:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am on the fence...stick with HPtuners and go 3 bar or go with Megasquirt

Hey everyone. The more posts i read about megasquirt the more i like it. I love tinkering with electronics and would totally put the whole thing together myself. The only problem is i am going to be boosting my 99 z28 and already have hptuners for it. How will the stock pcm accurately decrease my timing if it can't read boost? I think the megasquirt would be worth it just because i would be able to run low impedance injectors and it would do my A/F based on a wb. I was originally planning on just sticking with the 3 bar upgrade from hptuners and buying an impedance matcher for the low impedance injectors. Is there anyway to let the stock PCM what's going on as far as MAP besides going with a 3 bar setup? Does Mega add a 3 bar map sensor or does it just read MAP from any vac line? I am debating about using the mega for my fuel and getting hptuners 3 bar setup for the timing. Would it be worth it to try and put together an EDIS setup on my car? I don't like adding things like that especially when i am going to be pushing a lot of power(around 600 rwhp daily driven and possibly more down the line). The car may not even be on the road until fall but i would love to have this all worked out. Tuning on the fly really appeals to me.

Greg
Old 05-07-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my try pm'ing parish8 on this board, I know he runs Megasquirt in his truck.....