Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Is this normal after the "drill mod"?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Is this normal after the "drill mod"?

Before the drill mod, my Ram clutch grabbed very quick at low RPM. Combined with my cars big cam, heavy weight and 3.42 gears, taking off nice and easy at low RPM was a little tricky. After the drill mod, it is significantly easier to drive. The clutch seams to engage more smoothly and over a little larger movement of the clutch pedal. The car also used to bark the tires on a hard 1-2 even though I thought I lifted throttle completly, and now it does not. That I expected, because the clutch was probably slow to re-engage prior to the drill mod. The smoother low speed operation I did not expect, and I am wondering if it is normal, or a sign that I don't have the system blead properly?
Old 05-10-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 425SS
Before the drill mod, my Ram clutch grabbed very quick at low RPM. Combined with my cars big cam, heavy weight and 3.42 gears, taking off nice and easy at low RPM was a little tricky. After the drill mod, it is significantly easier to drive. The clutch seams to engage more smoothly and over a little larger movement of the clutch pedal. The car also used to bark the tires on a hard 1-2 even though I thought I lifted throttle completly, and now it does not. That I expected, because the clutch was probably slow to re-engage prior to the drill mod. The smoother low speed operation I did not expect, and I am wondering if it is normal, or a sign that I don't have the system blead properly?
Bleed that turkey again. I am now chirping 2nd gear with big ol 315 DRs. RAM Power Grip, Aluminum Flywheel, "288" slave, McLeod adj. Master, and drill mod.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
Bleed that turkey again. I am now chirping 2nd gear with big ol 315 DRs. RAM Power Grip, Aluminum Flywheel, "288" slave, McLeod adj. Master, and drill mod.
Understand, it chirped 2nd before when I was not trying to chirp 2nd (just shifting quickly). My question is whether smoother low speed operation is a normal result of the drill mod?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No it is not. With your 425 rwhp a normal full throttle shift into 2nd gear your car should have you spinning all over the place.