Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New/old style NX Maf kits??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 06:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New/old style NX Maf kits??

Are there a couple differant versions of the NX maf kit out there? The one I've always seen has the nozzles built right into a set of maf ends. I have a chance to buy one but it's actually 2 nozzles threaded into maf ends sorta like a TNT power ring setup. The one I'm looking at is called the gemini twin maf kit. I just want to be sure what it is before I buy.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

THere is only two different maff kits.The one for the F-bodys actually replaces the stock maff ends with aftermarket maff ends.These ends have a bar across the back side.They basically have two nozzles machined in.They are also lazer marked Nitrous Express.The second one is the new one for the vettes with a one peice maff.Basically made the same way.
If some one is telling you that a maff plate with tow nozzles screwed into it is the NX maff kit its not true.However if the nozzles they have screwed in there are shark nozzles it will work the same.
Dave
Old 05-12-2005, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

The NX MAF kit is two billet MAF ends with a type of spray bar in the end that faces the throttle body. There are no nozzles in the MAF housing. The only variation of the NX MAF kit is the new design for the corvette that has not been released to the public yet.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

NX MAF ends look like the ones in this kit.

NX has never sold a maf end with nozzle just screwed in. But that is a good way to hold the nozzles.
Ricky