Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb questions - Help me out w/ my setup please! (TNT)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newb questions - Help me out w/ my setup please! (TNT)

I currently have a cam only A4 01 SS w/ 3500 stall.
OK, here's what I've already got ordered (from another board member).

Complete TNT F1 kit w/ Power ring
TNT Purge
TPS
MSD Window switch

Planning on ordering:
Dynotune pressure sensitive bottle heater
Some type of switch plate (jimmy jam or NX)

I think I'll order a fuel pump to be on the safe side. I saw a holley 255 lph in-tank on thunder. Any reason to go with an in-line, or any other pump over this?

My lid is in kinda rough shape, is there any lid in particular I should buy to help w/ any fitment issues with the power ring, since I could use one anyway?

Shift points are at 6700, I was thinking of about 3800 & 6500 rpm pills. Sound good?

Is there any reason to get a FPSS w/ the bigger pump? The only reason I could see would be a total failure of the pump.

I was originally planning on spraying a 150 shot, but this would be more like a 175 shot with the TNT kit from what I've read. Does that sound like a little too much to anyone? I want to have a relatively safe setup, so maybe I should go with the 125 jets??

Car will be retuned by HPE in houston, and from what they've told me it will probably be 25 or 26 deg WOT timing. I will more than likely use some Torco or add some higher octane fuel to help avoid any detonation, I've never seen any w/ the current tune @ 27 deg, but want to be on the safe side when spraying.

I've never had a nitrous car before so if there is something important missing here, please bring it up.

Thanks in advance,

Craig
Old 05-15-2005, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Nobody wants to help??
Old 05-15-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely get a fuel pump, the 255 in-tank is better than the in-line.

For lids, I'm not really sure if there is one that fits best with the TNT kit, I have a TSP lid on my car and had to cut the lid quite a bit to get it to fit, but after some cutting with a dremel it fits great.

Shift points sound good to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you could even start spraying a little sooner than 3800 (unless you're doing it for traction reasons). I shift at 6600 and my window switch is currently set up for 3400 - 6400.

I recommend you get the FPSS just because it's cheap insurance. Then again, I'm one of those people that likes to use every possible safety item out tere .

As far as the TNT 150 shot being more like a 175, if you do a search on here you'll find one of the TNT techs talking about how many people tend to make more rwhp than advertized because they are running a leaner A/F ratio than what the kit was designed for. I *think* he mentioned something like the proper ratio was something like 12:1 on motor, then add the spray (I could be wrong, do a search to be sure).

Hope this helps!
Old 05-15-2005, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, thanks for the help. I saw FPSS are only $50 so what the hell, might as well get one just to be safe. I guess I'll get my a/f ratio fattened up a little too, im ~ 12.7-13 :1 now.