Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF -> SD

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking MAF -> SD

I had my car tuned so so with the MAF. Idled and drove great except the LTFTs were super high. Recently I've been trying to get her dialed in via the wide band SD tuning instructions from WS6Snake-eater's writeup. The problem is it has trouble idling now that I'm running SD. Idle is set to 950 and it likes 450-500 for 30 seconds then idles fine after that while the car is stationary. When driving part throttle and take it from gear to neutral the rpms drop instantly to 450 and barely keeps from dieing. Can anyone help on what to change? It doesn't do this with the MAF connected. Background info on car:

2000 C5 M6, 383ci, big hydraulic cam, stg 3 heads, lsx, & HP Tuners EIO interface.

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

Here is the link for the WB SD steps I've been following. http://texasfbody.org/hpt/SDTuningVE/
Old 05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

keep working with your VE table, after you get it to respond well as commanded, it should help keep idle afloat. I've noticed that some cars do not like running on SD airflow, even if not a big cam or whatnot. Of course, the bigger you go, the more sensitive low end fueling operations will be to any inconsistencies. If anything, get the rest of the VE table correct, and then get your MAF up and running, then you can tweak with idle parameters and get it running the way you need to since the MAF will be more responsive to air metering. Basically you want the VE to be a mold for your MAF curve to follow, if you cannot get any good data or responsive data from low end SD fueling, you may have better luck with certain MAF ranges.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by slo-vette
Here is the link for the WB SD steps I've been following. http://texasfbody.org/hpt/SDTuningVE/
This link is Great more info
Old 05-20-2005, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

According to my WB those VE cells are dialed in. Last night I figured out what was happening... somewhat. After more logging I noticed pulling out of the driveway that the problems would start at 2 MPH. Well it turns out the Throttle Cracker is set to enable at 2 MPH. Before this discovery, I raised the RAF table a considerable amount. This helped it out a ton but I fear the cruise control effect is there now (the previous MAF tune didn't have any cruising effects).

So when I change back the RAF table tonight what needs to be modified in the Throttle Cracker table? I've searched on this topic but there was no information about cell values. Has anyone been forced to modify their Throttle Cracker table? Why would this present itself in SD mode and not with the MAF enabled?