Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slipping after trans stayed in gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default slipping after trans stayed in gear

Ok, today im on my way to see my gf at her job. Im cruising around 35ish and i give some gas, maybe 50%-60% tps. The trans wouldnt shift into third and stays in gear all the way to 5k-6k. (by this point im close to 80% tps) I didnt shift at at all and it kind "slipped" up top. Wat i mean is that it went to 6k and "floated" around until i flt that it was to much (about a sec.) and let off. I smelled a weird smell after that.

The car still engages all gears though i noticed that it is slipping form a stop and until it locks (moderate, easy driving) all the fears seem to hit fine though it doesnt roll out from a stop without hitting hte gas as it used to do.

I just had the trans built, literally a month ago, so it still inder warranty but im not sure if its the t.c. that might be damaged. How do i make sure, with hp tuners for example, if everything is fine or wat?

Im getting tired of this crap!!! I had the trans built (4l65e) a year and a half ago and then it went (AND REBUILT AGAIN) with the new motor and t.c. Now its acting up again.

wat gives?

could this be the t.c. or the trans....i checked the oil and its red bt there is a bit of "burnt" smell to it....

Im really considering throwing this car in a lake im so pist!!!! (j/k!!) but maybe a new 4l80e or a REALLy GOOD built 4l might help......im not even throwing that much power at it!!!!!! (sigh...watever)

wat do a'll think? thanks
Old 05-28-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

anyone?
Old 05-29-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

i drove a it today when the car as warm cold and it still slipped at low rpms. It doesnt roll as quick also....

Is there a in-car way to tell if the stall is wat's bad or the trans itself?