Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

wheel combo/ lowering

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel combo/ lowering

I just got my car hit in a local restaurant parking lot.....so instead of saving the depreciation money from the insurance company like I should, I am putting it back into my baby! I have decided to get the 17in powdercoated zr1 combo 56/50mm offset (17x9.5/17x11) and try and lower my car to do loose the 4x4 look. I am looking for advice on what springs to run and what besides rolling my fenderlip and doing the BFH mod i will be required to do???I have heard I will have to grind /remove the bumpstops. BTW, I am not planning on replacing my shocks yet when I lower, I only have 27k on my stock shocks so until the ride is too rough, I will then replace my stockers. Hope someone who has already done this can help!!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Leave the bumpstop alone, the only thing you'd have to do is make sure the rear axle is supported durning the wheel install, and then you'd be good to go.

As for lowering, stay far awy from the Eibach Prokit. Look into springs with an advertised drop of 1", usch as Hotchkis, BMR and DMS. Also get a adjustable panhard for the rear. As for shocks I'd thow the stock shock far far away, if you are goin through the trouble of changing the front springs might as well do the front shocks while you are at it.