Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First (baby) kill!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First (baby) kill!

Crusin around the other day with the woman, T tops off and LM rumbling. I get lucky and am number 1 at a redlight with a 3 mile straight stretch in front of me so I'm already grinning.

This little VW Golf come scooting through 2-3 cars to line up with me. He gives me a big thumbs up right off the bat and throws a few revs. I return the thumbs and we both start watchin the far light. Heard the blow off valve on his car so wasnt taking any chances with this dude but was kinda snickering to myself.

Hadn't fed the beast yet after the Mcleod had been installed, was time to test this thing out. Far light turns yellow, we both tach up and the girlfriend assumes the "hands to yourself and dont touch my damn shifter" position (story for another time). Light turns green and that little car frickin jumped! He prolly pulled a full car on me just on take off. I'm on stock 16"s with blah tires so I feather first, roll into it and bark 2nd. He's stopped at the top of 1st and as soon as I hit 2nd started runnin by him like he's got an anchor.

Dude was cool about it though, was hangin out his window with a "Hey, I tried!" look on his face. We both throw thumbs and roll on out. Good times!

Oh yeah, I'm running...
QTP LTs with cats, LM, Fast intake and TB, TR224, Pulley, Lid
Dyno'd 387/374
Old 06-03-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Nice kill, even with his turbo turned up he can't beat a stock LS-1, not with the stock turbo. Nevermind a modded one.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

Nice Job man
Old 06-06-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

he girlfriend assumes the "hands to yourself and dont touch my damn shifter" position (story for another time)
Whats that mean ?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Was playing at a stop light with nobody around. I guess she wasnt expecting it but when I dumped the clutch it startled her pretty bad. Her reaction was to reach for something to grab. Her choice of handholds turned out to be my B&M Ripper while I was mid 1-2 shift. Missed the gear, pegged the rev limiter and got kinda upset heh.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KTHXBYE
Was playing at a stop light with nobody around. I guess she wasnt expecting it but when I dumped the clutch it startled her pretty bad. Her reaction was to reach for something to grab. Her choice of handholds turned out to be my B&M Ripper while I was mid 1-2 shift. Missed the gear, pegged the rev limiter and got kinda upset heh.
Weird that you would tell this because my buddy just told me how he took his mom for a ride in his 3rd gen Camaro (385 6speed 4.10s) and right when he punched in she just grabbed the ebrake and almost sent them off the road.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Yeah, my girl and I have a lot of fun cruising around in my car. She's just never had a manual tranny so I guess she didnt realize how drastic the outcome could be with a grab like that. Now she gets one hand on the door grip and one hand on the seat by her leg and is good to hook.