Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

FI to carb afpr question

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FI to carb afpr question

Since my 3800 swap refuses to start ever since I got back from deployment(stupid fuel enable signal crap) I got a hookup for a (87)305/700R4* swap in teh works, plus everything I need from the donor car. I've researched and have read about teh mallory afpr for ~$75. It is a bypass type regulator. What is the difference between that and getting a 2port regular and using the second port for the return line?

* why go w/a305? the price is too reasonable to refuse, and once the swap is done, a bigger upgrade is soo much easier

thanks
Old 06-08-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The two port is presurized on both sides. A friend of mine is using the two port holley on his car with one line as the bypass and so far it is working. I don't know how well it will work in the long term with the stock 2.8 tbi pump.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

I wonder then how long it would last w/45psi running thru it? Time will tell.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

Should work fine. Mine lasted more than a year and roughly 5000 miles. Stock TPI pump regulated down to 7-8psi. I just went to the Aeromotive which comes with a low and high pressure spring setup. I don't see why the Mallory would be different in terms of handling pressure or wearing out in any way. Goodluck! A carb 305 can be tons of fun, especially when you do a plate kit and spray away.

Quick Reply: FI to carb afpr question