Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car lift woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car lift woes

Well, I just got back from vacation, and took my new tires to Allied to get them mounted & an alignment. When they lifted the car to change out the tires, they had part of the lift on the driver's side sitting under the part of the fender, which bent and pushed the bottom of the fender out about an inch .

They bent it back as much as they could, but there's still about a 1/8" extra gap on that side. The shop manager told me if I go to Carsmetics, to give him a call and he'd take care of it, though I'm probably going to see how their cost compares with my dealer. At least they seem like they'll take care of it. It shouldn't require any paint work, so I'm not sure if Carsmetics would be ok. Any input on their bodywork would be appreciated.

Possibly worst of all, it put me in such a bad mood that I drove straight home without testing out the tires .
Old 06-07-2005, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

omg dude that sucks! make sure you keep all the money that u spend fiking this documented so that the shop can pay for it later on. if they wont, theres always small claims court
Old 06-07-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

No doubt that does suck. I won't let a shop touch my car unless they let me watch them the whole time, I stay out of there way and don't bother them, but if I see them getting ready to have a "brain fart" and screw something up I politely let them know.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

No doubt that does suck. I won't let a shop touch my car unless they let me watch them the whole time, I stay out of there way and don't bother them, but if I see them getting ready to have a "brain fart" and screw something up I politely let them know.
Yeah, I was watching them, just from the angle I was at, I couldn't see where they were jacking that side from .

Quick Reply: Car lift woes