Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

anyone using the SR7 radar detector?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone using the SR7 radar detector?

is anyone using it, and where did you mount the front sensor, and the box for inside the car. just rode in a car that had it and dam it is great.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I installed one in my wife's Envoy and it works very well. I have had the similar K40 in my car for several years and have now bought a new SR7 to update it. The head unit will fit nicely in the gap between the floor console and the AC controls. However, I'm still working on where to mount the front sensors. I'll probably put the radar box inside the vent where the horns are mounted (below the right turn signal) or I could just mount it under the car to the plastic panel in front of the left wheel (that's where the current K40 remote is mounted).

I'm thinking that I might modify the front end a little so that I can mount the laser module in the gap at the bottom of the fill panel where the front license plate would go. I'm just not sure how much clearance is there and how much Dremel work I'd have to do to make it fit.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, I was wondering if anyone here used it. I just picked mine up that block's lazer or changes it. I was just wondering where people put the sensors up front as that is where I am planning on putting them.