Sponsored by:

does anyone use Holley FI?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 532 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Default need help troubleshooting Holley fuel injection

I am trying to figure out a problem with a Holley commander 950 fuel injection setup. We put one of them on my friend's corvette with no issues, but we tried another coworker's '52 chevy pickup, and are having computer problems. Unfortunately, we tried a different computer with the same results. The rpm readout shows about 200 more rpm than actual engine speed, and although the digital map sensor readout is correct, the highlighted cell on the ve and spark map charts does not rise above the bottom row of cells. We are using the same msd ignition setup on the truck as on the vette, and all of the sensors and wire connections appear ok. It can't be the computer, however, because two computers do the same thing on the truck. It can't be a problem with the tune, because the file that works fine on the vette screws up in the truck. Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know this isn't an ls-1 question, but this is the only place I know with as much info as I find here. BTW, Holley's tech support has so far been useless.

Last edited by gametech; 06-10-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Anyone?
Old 06-19-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I guess noone uses Holley.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id try www.pro-touring.com
good luck
Old 06-20-2005, 08:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
I am trying to figure out a problem with a Holley commander 950 fuel injection setup. We put one of them on my friend's corvette with no issues, but we tried another coworker's '52 chevy pickup, and are having computer problems. Unfortunately, we tried a different computer with the same results. The rpm readout shows about 200 more rpm than actual engine speed, and although the digital map sensor readout is correct, the highlighted cell on the ve and spark map charts does not rise above the bottom row of cells. We are using the same msd ignition setup on the truck as on the vette, and all of the sensors and wire connections appear ok. It can't be the computer, however, because two computers do the same thing on the truck. It can't be a problem with the tune, because the file that works fine on the vette screws up in the truck. Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know this isn't an ls-1 question, but this is the only place I know with as much info as I find here. BTW, Holley's tech support has so far been useless.
If the cell pointer on the VE table does not come off the bottom then it is in Alpha N mode. Check the cell in the engine parameters screen that says RPM to enter Alpha N. Feel free to email me any questions. Also let me know who you talked to in tech service.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any diff in the way you're triggering the MSD box?

have you tried a MSD "tach adapter"... MSD boxes sometimes need them.. their tach output doesnt always work right.... (very hit and miss)