Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Damn TRACTION CONTROL!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 03:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damn TRACTION CONTROL!!!!!!!

I am sitting at a light with my girlfriend next to me when I see a grey supra pull up next to me. My first thought is,"this guy is gonna race I should turn traction control off" and for some reason I don't. As the light turns green I let the clutch out and half throttle. He stays next to me in 1st and I hear the turbo spool up, so my instincts kick in and we floor it. I don't know where he was but all I could think about was how my ASC was gonna screw me. So i dont even powershift trying not to spin too bad (but thats impossible on my 245's). So I shift and ASC kicks in and the car bogs. The Supra gets a jump and now his rear was at my window. And this supra had some work on it, the turbo was loud and every time he shifted if back fired like 3 times!! We end up going up to 100 and by then I started to slowly get even on him and then he let off. I was so pissed cuz if I had just turn ASC off and powershifted I would have had maby a car on him. Also if it matters I had a full tank of gas and a passenger while he was alone. This was my first good race and I screw it up cuz i didn't push a little button and the funny thing is I always turn ASC off when I think im gonna race. AHH!! so frustrating just had let vent and get this story out. I hope i see him again and this time with my 4.10's
Old 06-10-2005, 08:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just leave the traction control off all the time. Turn it on only when you might need it damnit.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAO, thats pretty funny, next time though. At least you didnt say you were in the staging lane trying to warm up your tires but they wouldnt turn over, lol.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Just leave the traction control off all the time. Turn it on only when you might need it damnit.
Affirmative!
Old 06-10-2005, 05:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PSYKOZ28
LMAO, thats pretty funny, next time though. At least you didnt say you were in the staging lane trying to warm up your tires but they wouldnt turn over, lol.
I know someone who has done that actually...
Old 06-12-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I did that my first trip down the track. Long lines on a test and tune day. I had my car off until it was my turn. Started it, rolled through the water, then I revved it up, and tried to turn the tires over. Traction control was on, and I killed the car. I felt like such a tool. Oh well, I was so pissed that I deleted it.