Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

iPod with Monsoon CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 06:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod with Monsoon CD Player

I have a 98 Trans Am with the Monsoon CD Player, it doesn't have the CD Exchanger. There has to be some way to hardwire an iPod to this thing. I've done a search and everybody says you can plug it into the aux port, I'm not sure where this is located or if I even have one. On the front of my CD Player I don't see an aux button either, just a CD/Play. There are 2 plugs on the back of my CD Player, I assume 1 is for the CD Changer, if I had one, I unplugged the 9 pin connector and everything still worked so I assumed this was correct. There has to be a way of hooking this thing up.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think thats the plug man. I just bought and installed mine and I plugged the 9 pine and plug the thing in and POOF instant MP3s.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

The Monsoon Headunit in the f-body does not have an AUX-IN port.

Also, since you have a 1998 CD Player, it may not be able to control a CD Changer and converting the port to AUX-IN might not work. A search on here on that subject will get you the answer. It has been discussed before.

Check out my port in this thread for more info about converting the CD Changer port into AUX-IN:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=aux
Old 06-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

VIP1 is correct - the 9-pin CD changer port on the back is where an auxiliary input adapter (such as the GM9-AUX) plugs in but the 98 model single-CD head unit wasn't capable of controlling a changer and the adapter won't work. You would have to get either a cassette head unit or a single-CD head unit from late 99 or later.

On the front of my CD Player I don't see an aux button either, just a CD/Play.
The Camaros had a CD/AUX button but the Firebirds had the CD/Play button that did the same thing.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a 2002 single CD monsoon does anyone know if it has the aux in or a cd changer input before i go tearing things up? Thanks.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by qwik3r
I have a 2002 single CD monsoon does anyone know if it has the aux in or a cd changer input before i go tearing things up? Thanks.
It does not have AUX-In, but it does have the CD-Changer port and you can use the GM9-AUX to convert the CD-Changer port to RCA AUX-IN.